The Federation of European Physiological Societies (FEPS) was founded during the Regional Meeting of IUPS in Prague (Czech Republic) on July 2, 1991. It now comprises 35 Constituent Societies. The aims of FEPS can be summarized as follows:
- to promote and foster the exchange and diffusion of concepts and information between physiologists and the societies of physiology in the European region
- to facilitate the dissemination of information concerning the activities of the member societies
- to encourage joint meetings of two or more member societies
- to facilitate the exchange of invitations between member societies to national or regional meetings
- to advance knowledge in the scientific disciplines relating to physiology by supporting and providing suitable mechanisms for training programs in physiology
- to advance the exchange of graduate students and scientists within Europe and on an international scale
- to stimulate international scientific research projects in Europe.